Saturday, March 17, 2012

Left Hand Brewing Co. Fade To Black Vol. 3

Goddamn it, Left Hand Brewing Company, why would you do this to us? Why would you create a masterpiece of spicy dark beers and make it a one-time-only seasonal? Why?!  

One taste. One glorious 2 ounce pour of this delicious brew and I was just hooked. 

And now, I'm pretty sure it's gone forever. Dammit. 


For the winter, Left Hand Brewing Co. comes out with a version (read, "Volume") of their seasonal porter, "Fade to Black." I missed both volume 1 and 2, but 3 I managed to snag at the American Craft Beer Festival.

To be concise: it tasted like chili chocolate.

To be verbose: It tasted like a medium bodied porter that had a pretty even chocolate taste; no overly roasted coffee notes or alcoholic burn dragging it down. The pepper was present on the tongue but it burned the throat more, which I thought was a nice touch. It was an excellent clean beer, and tasted like it would be a meal in and of itself. That's the only issue with this brew: it's very full-flavored, and wouldn't lend itself well to food pairings. 

THAT BEING SAID. This was just gorgeous and I wish they'd bring it back. But even if they don't, I can't wait to see what they do for Volume 4. Happy drinking!


No comments:

Post a Comment